Evangelical Lutheran Church
The current church of Sotkamo, which is located right beside the centre on the shore of Sotkamojärvi, is already the fifth in order. The wooden church designed by architect Oldenburg was built during the famine in the end of 1860’s, and was brought into use in 1870. The altarpiece is painted by Severi Falkman.
The Orthodox church of Sotkamo was completed in 1961, and consecrated in 1986. The church designed by architect Teuvo Alapeuso is situated near the Sotkamo graveyard.